This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Elevate the aesthetics of your bedroom with a simple yet impactful tweak: wood grain contact paper. Bed frames often serve as the centrepiece of a bedroom, and by sprucing up those bed frame legs, you can breathe new life into your entire room. Whether you’ve pondered replacing bed frame legs or want a decor refresh, this DIY venture is your ticket to a swift and stylish makeover. This is a great budget-friendly upgrade since wood grain contact paper can be ordered on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of replacement legs.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Why Upgrade Your Bed Frame Legs?
First, let’s talk about why you might consider upgrading bed frame legs. Your current legs are showing signs of wear, or you may want to elevate the aesthetics of your room. Whatever the reason, getting replacement legs for bed frame can sometimes be costly or not fit your desired look. Enter the hero of our story, wood grain contact paper. It’s a fantastic, cost-effective solution for giving your DIY bed frame legs a fresh, sophisticated appearance.
This year, we decided to purchase a gorgeous upholstered bed frame and invest in a top-notch mattress, signifying an actual bedroom upgrade. However, to my disappointment, the bed came with rather uninspiring black metal legs. Given the layout of our home, these legs aren’t hidden away; they’re visible to anyone walking down our hallway or descending our staircase. To add to the conundrum, our bedroom palette lacks black. As a result, these legs didn’t just blend into the background; they stood out, and not in a good way. Upgrading the legs became a design choice necessary to maintain our bedroom’s aesthetic appeal.
Getting Started: What You’ll Need
- Wood grain contact paper: This is your primary tool for transformation. Available in various patterns and shades, you can select one that best matches your desired look.
- Scissors or a sharp craft knife
- Ruler or measuring tape
- A squeegee or credit card (to smooth out bubbles)
- Your bed frame legs (of course!)
Steps to Upgrade Your Bed Frame Legs
- Measure and Cut: Start by measuring the width and length of your bed frame legs. Then, cut out strips of the wood grain contact paper according to these dimensions, adding a couple of extra inches to wrap around the legs. Removing the legs from your bed might make it easier to do this project.
- Apply the Contact Paper: Begin at one end of the leg, slowly adhering to the contact paper. Use a squeegee or credit card to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles as you progress. This may be unnecessary if your wood grain contact paper is thicker.
- Trim Excess: Once the entire leg is covered, use scissors or a craft knife to trim any excess contact paper.
- Repeat: Follow the same DIY steps for all your legs until they look fabulous!
Benefits of Using Wood Grain Contact Paper
- Cost-effective: Compared to replacing bed frame legs, using wood grain contact paper is far more budget-friendly.
- Easy to Apply: Even if you’re new to DIY, applying contact paper is a breeze. Plus, you can easily peel it off and try again if you make a mistake.
- Customizable: With a range of wood grain designs available, you can perfectly match your bed frame legs to your room’s aesthetic.
Is this Wood Grain Contact Paper Upgrade for you?
Upgrading bed frame legs with wood grain contact paper is a fun and straightforward project that offers impressive results. It’s perfect for those who want to refresh their bedroom’s look without the hassle and expense of replacing bed frame legs – it’s also more budget-friendly! So why wait? Dive into this DIY project and transform your bedroom today – I promise it’s quick and easy!