*Please note this post contains affiliate links
This is one of my favourite ways to spruce up a boring wall. When I finished the Pax Hack 2.0, I felt like this wall was still falling a little flat, plus with the wardrobe being filled with office things, I wanted some hooks just in case we ever have a guest stay for a night!
I think this is a pretty quick and easy beginner project to try, especially considering I used textured beadboard wallpaper. Why did I use that versus real beadboard? This room has a lot of sloped ceilings, and I used this wallpaper on a wall with sloped ceilings and I thought it would be much easier to use the wallpaper than cutting strange angles with real beadboard!
What I used:
- Textured Beadboard Wallpaper CAN https://amzn.to/3Ns49d4 / US https://amzn.to/3NsUTW3
- Peg Hooks CAN https://amzn.to/3qHFQOA / US https://amzn.to/3uBKVsF
- 1 x 5 x 8 wood board for the pegs to screw into
- 1 x 4 x 8 wood board for the shelf
- Installed the beadboard wallpaper 4′ from the baseboard. Ensure it is level! Looking for wallpaper tips, check out this post.
- Installed the wood board. I opted to use screws and add wood buttons to cover the holes so that this can be remove in the future. Ensure it is level!
- I lined up the spacing for the pegs
- I installed the shelf with wood glue and nails
- Then I predrilled holes and screwed in the peg hooks
- Then I painted it all! I used semi-gloss paint.
I love how it turned out. Next step is fixing up door, new knob & then moving on to the other two walls in this space. It’s a guest room and office, so I started on one wall fixing it up, moved onto this wall and now we have two more!