Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts
Last pumpkin recipe for this Fall baking season.
Recipe from Joy the Baker
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I baked this, I thought it would be sweet like the other pumpkin recipes I made, but it wasn’t!
This is like a fall banana bread, really delicious with butter and honey!
Really enjoyed using my extra pumpkin puree for this.
- 1/2 cup of butter (melted)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (or a big pinch) of black pepper
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Grease or line a 9 x 5 bread pan.
(Using parchment paper to line the pan will make it a lot easier to remove after baking)
In a medium sized bowl, melt the butter, and stir in the sugar.
Add the egg, vanilla, pumpkin puree, orange juice and mix together.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Slowly mix into the wet ingredients with an electric mixer.
Pour the batter into in pan, and spread chopped walnuts evenly on the top.
Bake for 45-55 minutes.
Insert a skewer to check when the bread is ready.
Cool for 10-15 minutes, and serve with butter and honey.